Creating A Solid Foundation For Your PowerSchool Investment
Pearson offers Enterprise Management Service (EMS), a comprehensive solution that manages and maintains your self-hosted PowerSchool environment and provides complete coverage of PowerSchool, ensuring optimal performance and stability. When you purchase Enterprise Management Service you'll receive:
- PowerSchool Environment Monitoring - Pearson will provide 24/7 observation of your PowerSchool instance, monitoring critical areas such as hardware failure, PowerSchool and Oracle logs, Windows® Operating System logs, and environment resources. When alerts are triggered a Pearson Technical Services representative will notify you and assist with resolving the issue.
- PowerSchool Software Update Service - Choose automated or on-demand services to apply all relevant PowerSchool version release updates, all PowerSchool state and provincial reporting updates, Microsoft Windows® Operating System related updates, and other third party updates. For your convenience, all applicable updates are executed outside of normal business hours.
- Offsite Data Backup - On a nightly basis, your data will be automatically collected and compressed using AES 256-bit encryption and then securely transmitted to a remote Pearson provided storage facility using a 128-bit SSL transport mechanism. Once the data is transmitted to the remote storage facility it will be encrypted a second time using AES 256-bit encryption. A MD5 checksum hash is generated for each file prior to transmission and compared to the remote file after upload to ensure data integrity. The data is password-protected by Pearson and stored on redundant servers that are housed in multiple, temperature-controlled, fire proof, and seismic-resistant facilities. Each data backup is stored for up to 30 days protecting you against undiscovered errors or loss of data.
- PowerSchool Data Migration/Server Migration - Pearson will restore or migrate your data up to four times per year or on a planned quarterly basis. Whether it is hardware failure, human error, migrating to new hardware, or the need to refresh a non-production instance, we can restore or migrate your data fast and effectively. The PowerSchool data migration/server migration can even be used to upgrade to the current release of PowerSchool.
- PowerSchool Infrastructure Support - Pearson will conduct a detailed review of your architecture to ensure that your infrastructure is compliant with our minimum system requirements, and optimized for performance. If you encounter an issue with your servers, load balancers, data storage architecture, virtualization, SSL, or third-party software, Pearson staff will take appropriate action to ensure minimal disruption to your use of the application.
Long Term Hosting Option
In addition, Pearson can host your environment for an indefinite amount of time, based on your circumstances and needs. We can migrate your PowerSchool environment and have your existing data set available within one business day or less.
"The continuing support we receive for our product, PowerSchool, is the best in the business. Pearson's wide array of technical support resources and quick response to our needs demonstrates the importance they place on customers."
- Director of IT,
Westside Community Schools